If your back is tired, aching, stiff and sore massage can help. Poor posture, mental tension and injury can make life unpleasant, sometimes unbearable.
Book in sooner rather than later and we’ll help you turn things around.
Before we begin we’ll take some details. Tell is how it feels and a brief history of how it’s developed.
Then to the massage. Stage one covers the whole back. It gets you settled and relaxed and introduces movement to warms and softens the muscles and tissues,
In stage two we go deeper, building a picture of the areas of tension as we work in to them. Here you start to notice the effect of the massage. You’ll be more aware of the specific areas and aiming to stay relaxed through the massage.
Stage three gives specific treatments to affected areas. That might be more or deeper pressure, stretching, trigger point release, working with connecting tendons or fascia. You’re going to feel this – in a good way!
Take a minute or two to relax there’s time to talk about what’s been discovered and what else you can do to help. If you have chance to take it easy afterwards that’s great. You’ll be feeling chilled out.
If you’ve got something you particularly want to ask just drop us a line or give us a call. You’re welcome.
Enjoy your massage and feel great!
Sunday 31st March 2019
|UPDATE: We have appointments at 9am and 10am on Sunday 31st
We have appointments on the day in Bath and gift vouchers for whenever it suits.
So you’re training for the big day. Can massage help?
People often think a massage will be useful after a big event, but how can it improve your performance? Building a few massage treatments into your training plan might just help you keep on form.
So how can massage help?
1. During a performance event you are probably going to push your body beyond what you’ve done in training. Something is going to limit your performance. Massage can help you deal with problems as they arise in training so they don’t come up and bite you when it really matters.
2. To work efficiently muscles need to engage and release. You may be putting a lot of effort into engaging muscles, but not thinking about them releasing. In its optimum condition muscle become soft when it relaxes – feel the difference in you biceps as you tense and release. A massage which pinpoints tight muscles can help release them and, importantly, give you the know-how to work with them yourself.
3. Your massage therapist can help you tune in to and understand the feelings you get in your body and advise on the right course of training. If you get a pain, for example, should you ease up your training, stop all together or carry on with your plan? What stretches or specific exercises might help?
4. Most events require strength and suppleness. Rigidity anywhere in your body will hold you back. The same applies to poor posture.
5. and last, but not least, you will feel better, happier and more relaxed. But that’s for wimps, right?
And if you want a massage afterwards to celebrate your achievement, well you deserve it.
Prices and booking
Remedial massage (aka clinical massage) works with whatever problem or problems you are suffering. This could be lower back pain, limited movement in the shoulder, difficulty sleeping or headaches.
We look at the whole picture, listening to what you tell us and using what we feel to inform our direction. We work with you to create a massage that best suits your needs.
We’ll use direct massage techniques where we find muscular related problems and more soothing and nurturing techniques as required. Where a site is too painful to work directly we can use other strategies.
Remedial massage can also be used to investigate problems and help you decide on any further treatment. Discussing problems during the treatment can be helpful. Attitudes to health and well-being and your relationship with your body can be useful topics of conversation. Where we offer advice it will be constructive and realistic.
Our approach to remedial massage
Our massage is not painful. We believe that pain is part of the cycle of tight muscles. We want to create movement and flexibility without triggering a counter-productive pain response.
Our approach is flexible, informal and open.
- Understanding. It’s important to find out what’s happening.
- Effective massage.
- Recommendations. We can help you understand your symptoms and suggest the next steps.
If you need more advice, please make use of our free 10 minute phone consultation. Call 07941 094318.
Preparing for a performance event
Prices & booking
When you need something more
Deep tissue massage works with the muscles and tendons which hold posture and allow everyday movement.
Consider deep tissue massage if
- You are having difficulty with everyday activities
- Your shoulders are stiff from being at a computer
- Your hips are stiff from sitting or driving
- You have lower back pain
- Your posture is causing you problems
- You’ve tried stretching but it doesn’t seem to help
Our deep tissue massage is effective because:
- We listen to what you say
- We listen to how your body responds
- We judge the right pressure for maximum benefit
- We give your body the time it needs to release
- We look at the wider picture
Deep tissue massage is directed where it is needed, most frequently in the neck, back, shoulders or legs. The aim is to reduce any pain and increase freedom and mobility. It also brings a deep sense of release – mentally and physically.
Why deep tissue massage?
Tension in muscles restricts movement and can lead to recurring aches or a sudden sharp pains if an injury occurs. Aches usually build up over a period of time due to a repeated everyday action or posture. Pain is the result of damage to the soft tissue. We work carefully around pain – finding ways to ease the tension that causes it without inflaming the problem.
Sitting at a desk, computer or laptop and driving can all put the body into a strain position which is held for a long period leaving the muscles no chance for recovery. Massage makes you feel like you are alive again.
Our approach to Deep Massage:
- Understanding. We want to find out what’s happening in your body.
- Pain-free massage. We believe that pain is part of the cycle of tight muscles. We want to create movement and flexibility without triggering a pain response.
- Depth. We go deep by carefully using and maintaining the correct balance of pressure and movement.
- Recommendations. We can help you understand the symptoms you’re experiencing and suggest the next steps.
Prices and booking
Receive a massage that listens to your individual needs and pay no more than you would for a spa treatment. Read more about our approach.
|Massage for Two|
How to book
- Call, text or email to check availability and tell us what you need
- Pay online to secure your booking
- Receive confirmation by text and information by email
- Look forward to your massage
Our massages are by arrangement. Get in touch now and we’ll plan something for you.
Full price list
Many of us turn to massage when we have a particular need – usually physical, often with a mental/emotional element.
At Natural Touch we consider ourselves primarily as therapists – working with people. Massage is our method of engagement.
As you would expect, we work with physical tension, restrictions, mobility and pain. We’re also concerned with stress, your relationship with your body and your response to injury or illness. We’re interested in life choices and their influence on health and happiness. We offer a space to concentrate on you and your well-being.
Our Massage for Two is the perfect opportunity to share your massage experience. You’ll each have your own personalised treatment, but you’re together in the same room.
Celebrate your holiday in Bath together or a special occasion such as an anniversary.
Let us know what you would like and we’ll arrange it for you.
Prices and booking
The quality of our deep massage makes Natural Touch stand apart from other massages.
There are times when you need depth. You need a massage which really gets to the nub of the problem. From a therapeutic viewpoint depth isn’t just about pressing harder it’s about encouraging opening and release.
When tension and pain wrap around a problem it becomes worse and life becomes difficult. The wrong type of intervention may be ineffectual or painful – aggravating the situation.
We understand that opening is a journey, gaining the trust of yourself and your body and connecting with the right point at each moment – the place where you can choose freedom instead of pain. Once release occurs there is relief and the healing process can take its course. A therapist who can do this consistently well – and knows just how far to go – is truly skilled and makes all the difference to the experience and effectiveness of your massage. In fact many of our clients are surprised to find that massage can be this good.
Deep work is just one of the the approaches we use. Each of our treatments is individually designed to give our clients maximum benefit from each session.
If you feel we might be able to help you, please get in touch on 07941 094318. We would like to hear from you.
Prices and booking
If you’re looking for a body massage you’re probably thinking about relaxation, about any aches and pains you have and looking after your long term health.
A good massage gets into your muscles, stretches you how you need to be stretched and opens you out.
We believe that the best massage comes from focusing on you as an individual. Our therapists listen and engage with you. They choose an approach, but then adapt it as they discover how your body responds.
You can opt for a full body massage or focus on the areas you need. Your therapist will help guide your decision.
Prices and booking
What to expect
Find us in Bath and Frome
Nigel talks about creating a therapeutic space where the agenda is set by the client and nothing is pre-planned.
Welcome to Natural Touch. Not all massages are the same.
Following lines of tension finds the areas that really need massage.
It’s quite common for people to feel pain at a specific point, but following investigation we often find that the painful spot is part of a wider band of tension. A typical example is lower back pain which can result in sharp, painful twinges often triggered by a particular movement. There’s probably tension down into the hips and up into the back.
In this case I explain that I’ll work at the point where the pain occurs, but also explore a wider area. What I want to do is uncover the whole chain of tension and work along that chain so that the whole problem is reduced. I’m using my sense of touch to check the condition of the tissues – muscles and tendons – and locate the tension. Healthy muscle is soft and flexible. Muscles which feel tough aren’t able to release properly. The associated tendons, which connect the muscle to bone, feel like taught ropes.
Once I massage into these areas clients can be surprised that they are tender, but welcome the relief. It’s taking the pressure off the painful area.
The pain is often due to muscle damage so I will work carefully in that area. Pain causes more tension and that’s counter productive. People know what feels right for them so I just ask.
Once the treatment is over the pain should be eased and the client feels more relaxed. We also have a better understanding of how their body is behaving. We might talk about possible causes and explore possible solutions such as stretches or movements they can do themselves or changes they can make to their environment or activity patterns to help.
One massage can often be a turning point and indicate the next step towards recovery.