Remedial massage (aka clinical massage) works with whatever problem or problems you are suffering. This could be lower back pain, limited movement in the shoulder, difficulty sleeping or headaches.
We look at the whole picture, listening to what you tell us and using what we feel to inform our direction. We work with you to create a massage that best suits your needs.
We’ll use direct massage techniques where we find muscular related problems and more soothing and nurturing techniques as required. Where a site is too painful to work directly we can use other strategies.
Remedial massage can also be used to investigate problems and help you decide on any further treatment. Discussing problems during the treatment can be helpful. Attitudes to health and well-being and your relationship with your body can be useful topics of conversation. Where we offer advice it will be constructive and realistic.
Our approach to remedial massage
Our massage is not painful. We believe that pain is part of the cycle of tight muscles. We want to create movement and flexibility without triggering a counter-productive pain response.
Our approach is flexible, informal and open.
- Understanding. It’s important to find out what’s happening.
- Effective massage.
- Recommendations. We can help you understand your symptoms and suggest the next steps.
If you need more advice, please make use of our free 10 minute phone consultation. Call 07941 094318.
Preparing for a performance event
Prices & booking
When you need something more
Deep tissue massage works with the muscles and tendons which hold posture and allow everyday movement.
Consider deep tissue massage if
- You are having difficulty with everyday activities
- Your shoulders are stiff from being at a computer
- Your hips are stiff from sitting or driving
- You have lower back pain
- Your posture is causing you problems
- You’ve tried stretching but it doesn’t seem to help
Our deep tissue massage is effective because:
- We listen to what you say
- We listen to how your body responds
- We judge the right pressure for maximum benefit
- We give your body the time it needs to release
- We look at the wider picture
Deep tissue massage is directed where it is needed, most frequently in the neck, back, shoulders or legs. The aim is to reduce any pain and increase freedom and mobility. It also brings a deep sense of release – mentally and physically.
Why deep tissue massage?
Tension in muscles restricts movement and can lead to recurring aches or a sudden sharp pains if an injury occurs. Aches usually build up over a period of time due to a repeated everyday action or posture. Pain is the result of damage to the soft tissue. We work carefully around pain – finding ways to ease the tension that causes it without inflaming the problem.
Sitting at a desk, computer or laptop and driving can all put the body into a strain position which is held for a long period leaving the muscles no chance for recovery. Massage makes you feel like you are alive again.
Our approach to Deep Massage:
- Understanding. We want to find out what’s happening in your body.
- Pain-free massage. We believe that pain is part of the cycle of tight muscles. We want to create movement and flexibility without triggering a pain response.
- Depth. We go deep by carefully using and maintaining the correct balance of pressure and movement.
- Recommendations. We can help you understand the symptoms you’re experiencing and suggest the next steps.
Prices and booking